Ethics and CSR
The GEO Group and its worldwide subsidiaries adhere to the highest ethical and compliance standards. As a worldwide corporation, The GEO Group represents government clients around the globe and cares for offenders, detainees and residents in safe and secure facilities across four continents.
The GEO Group has implemented policies and procedures that reflect high ethical standards. A code of ethics describes the overarching principles that guide the organisation in its day-to-day operations and interactions with key stakeholders.
Obeying the law, both in letter and in spirit, is the foundation on which GEO's ethical standards are built.
Our code of conduct promotes the following objectives:
- honest and ethical conduct
- avoidance of conflicts of interest
- full, fair, accurate, timely and transparent disclosure
- compliance with applicable government and self-regulatory organisation laws, rules, and regulations
- prompt internal reporting of code violations
- accountability for compliance with the code
In addition, GEO acknowledges the economic, social, environmental and human rights impacts of its operations.
Full details of our approach to Corporate Social Responsibility can be found here:
- Detainee Custody Officer - Zero Hours
- Catering Manager (DCO Badged)
- GEO awarded Investors in Diversity Level 2
- Head Office Restructure
- HARMONDSWORTH GETS A FURTHER 5 STARS
- DUNGAVEL HOUSE GOES FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH
- HARMONDSWORTH AND DUNGAVEL AWARDED SWORDS OF HONOUR
- GEO staff top the UK Border Agency supplier awards
- GEO Head Office relocates to Hurley