Diversity and Inclusion
GEO fulfils the general and specific duties within the Equality Act 2010 and gives due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
GEO is committed to policies, procedures and practices that do not discriminate unfairly or unlawfully against anyone and which promote the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion. We expect our suppliers to meet these same standards and potential suppliers are required to complete a Supplier Pre-qualification Questionnaire to ensure this is the case. GEO's preferred suppliers are reviewed annually to ensure continued compliance and suppliers may be subject to additional on-site audit by GEO HSQE staff.
GEO has achieved Investors in Diversity Level 1 and we are currently working towards Level 2. Investors in Diversity is a recognised standard and provides a framework for managing and embedding equality, diversity and inclusion throughout the Company and enabling us to measure and report outcomes from our action plans.
GEO carries out Equality Impact Assessments on policies, procedures and practices. A sample of these can be downloaded below.
Copies of GEO's action plans with regard to meeting our general and specific duties or of specific equality impact assessments are available should a public body request them (email email@example.com).
- RFI - Dog Search and Security Patrol Services
- GEO awarded Investors in Diversity Level 2
- Head Office Restructure
- HARMONDSWORTH GETS A FURTHER 5 STARS
- DUNGAVEL HOUSE GOES FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH
- HARMONDSWORTH AND DUNGAVEL AWARDED SWORDS OF HONOUR
- GEO staff top the UK Border Agency supplier awards
- GEO Head Office relocates to Hurley